069 No Garage? No Problem, Stove Wind Deflector, Ghost Town, Spring Finder, 12v Sockets, Strange Kindness
Want to build but have no garage or even a driveway? It can be done, we'll talk about how. We'll also explain the history of why 12v sockets are terrible, visit a ghost town, and hear a tale about strangers helping out. And we'll look at a map of springs, nationwide.
We now have a Discord Server! What’s that? It’s a place to share and ask questions with the host of Built to GO and other listeners. It’s a new community, so it will take some time to get to size, but you can be part of that! This link will take you to a video that explains the concept. Join us!
Aurora, NV in the 1930s
- A Place to Visit - Aurora N
- Only one wall still stands, but the landscape and cemetery are interesting.
- Wikipedia has information and directions - Hawthorne, NV side is MUCH easier, and can be done with any 2WD vehicle. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora,_Nevada
- Product Review - Folding Wind Shield
- These tiny things save you fuel and time when cooking outdoors or in a breeze.
- Resource Recommendation - FindASpring.com
- A crowd sourced directory of hot and cold springs in North America. Fill your tanks and have a soak!
Some links are affiliate links. If you purchase anything from these links, the show will receive a small fee. This will not impact your price in anyway.