In which I breakdown... twice! And what I did to get back on the road. We'll also review Harvest Host, discuss a way that VSR gives you MORE battery capacity, stay at the Sacramento Pass BLM area, and learn about Lies Across America.
Hawthorne, Nevada AKA "Boom Town."
- Breaking Down - OBDII Scanners
- A Place to Visit - Sacramento Pass BLM Camping
- Really nice, free place to camp on the Utah/Nevada border.
- Product Review - Harvest Hosts
- $99 a year (coupon JUNE saves 15%) gives you access to overnight parking at wineries, farms and museums across the US.
- Pros - for folks who like a B&B-style experience, this can be a great thing
- Cons - Must call to reserve, show up during business hours, and you're expected to buy something. Also: strange vehicle restrictions.
- Resource Recommendation - Lies Across America
- Those "Historic" Markers are great, but are they accurate? Well, maybe. Dr. James Loewen's myth-busting history book which focuses on the inaccuracies, myths, and lies that can be found at national landmarks and historical sites all across America
Some links are affiliate links. If you purchase anything from these links, the show will receive a small fee. This will not impact your price in anyway.